Tuesday, October 25, 2005

our first family vacation


We took a family trip to Florida when Peyton was 2 months old. (Oct 2006)
We took Peyton to Florida for a week in October. We stayed at Orange Lake Country club. We had such a great time! We were a little concerned with taking Peyton on an airplane. We had not taken him in public much at all. I think he had only been to Target just to pick up a few things. I hadn't taken him anywhere for a long time at all. But, the plane ride went very well. Peyton slept and played. He had such a mess in his diaper though. Jason took him into the tiny bathroom and changed him. He did not look happy when he came out of there. Neither did Peyton! Jason said the bathroom was way too small for a tiny baby and an adult. There is not anything to change him on in there. I can't believe no one has come up with anything for airplane bathrooms. Anyway, our trip there and back was great. We went to Disney and Epcot. We also did a lot of shopping and the guys played golf. My parents and some of our relatives where there too. My cousin (Paulette) was there with her new baby too. So it was great meeting her little boy too. He (Timothy) is 4 months older than Peyton. Hurricane Rita blew in so we were inside for about a day. The weather was crazy that day. We stayed in our condo and played cards. The rest of the week the weather was nice. Not too cold, but not hot enough to get into the pool. Which was fine with me. I was not big on walking around in my swimsuit after having a baby two months before. I had lost all my weight, but putting a swimsuit on was not something I was ready for. The week was great, Peyton did so well, and it was so nice seeing everyone. We plan on going back next year. These are just a few pictures from our trip.



Off to the pool at Orange Lake Country Club in Florida.



Halloween in Florida!

0 comments: