Friday, July 10, 2009

photography skillz

i have a few favorite blogs i read to learn more about photography. they make sense of it all when it seems confusing to me. especially when i first started trying to understand it. (i was a mess trying to figure it all out, but determined). and honestly.... i still get frustrated sometimes.

one of the blogs i read is mcp actions. she did an experiment with aperture the other day on her blog. so i thought i would do the same, and ended up really liking my pictures, and decided i would blog about it as well. basically it was about changing aperture numbers to see what they could do. (the lower the number (meaning wide open) more blur or bokeh, and the higher the number less bokeh, or more depth of field).

all of these are SOOC. the settings were the same on the first two. (SS 1/1250 & ISO 200). i only changed the aperture.

aperture= f/5.6
i really love the bokeh in this one!
f/11 (background a little more in focus, but not much).
(settings for the last picture: 1/80, f/25, 200)
background a lot more focused! (changing all the settings made this one darker than the others, but still good IMO).
experiment over. yay fun!

1 comments:

Kimberly said...

Nice! I did some experiments like this when I was first figuring out aperture and got some really nice shots! I like your first one... nice rich colors, plus I'm just a bokeh junkie... wide open, baby! ;) What lens are you shooting with?